You’ve always dreamed of a unique ceremony on your own private boat…. and then sailing off into the sunset with the one you love! Here’s how you can recreate this elopement, micro wedding, vow renewal or marriage proposal from only €1,600* (harbour ceremony + photographer + celebrant)
Recreate this romantic boat elopement in Spain
To recreate a romantic boat elopement, wedding, vow renewal or marriage proposal in Spain here are the main elements to think about when it comes to costing your special day:
- Your wedding boat – might sound obvious, but different boats rent for different prices.
If it is just the two of you, then a super saver motor boat might tick all of your boxes.
Alternatively, a luxury motorised yacht is perfect to host up to ten people if you would like guests on board at your celebration.
- Your boat location – you can choose to have your actual ceremony whilst still in the harbour then go off for a romantic cruise just the two of you, or you can set sail and ask the captain to choose a romantic spot out on the open ocean for your ceremony (remember this means your celebrant will be with you for the duration of your cruise!)
- Your wedding photos – you can’t possibly celebrate the most romantic moment in your lives without a permanent record to show everyone back home!
- Your wedding flowers – whether you just want a simple bouquet and button hole or a fully decorated boat, flowers add a splash of colour and romance to your photographs… and give you something to do with your hands!
- Your wedding clothes – your captain is most probably going to ask you to go barefoot so ditch the smart shoes.
Wear whatever you like for your ceremony, formal, informal, whites or brights, whatever rocks your boat… but do take something to wrap around you in case the wind blows up, a sea breeze can take you by surprise out on the open water.
Your dream boat elopement ceremony in Spain
The images in this blog are actually of a vow renewal elopement that incorporated a special hand tying ritual to re-tie the knot of matrimony for a special local Spanish couple, our very own florist Ana and her husband Mario.
Hand tying ritual to renew your vows
Ana and Mario chose a hand tying ritual at their special ceremony of recommitment.
They first placed a hand on each others’ shoulder to signify their support for each other – a shoulder to lean on.
The celebrant, Debbie, then draped a plaited olive leaf rope three times over Ana and Mario’s arms:
- the first loop symbolised all of the couple’s shared past experiences as they recalled special memories
- the second loop symbolised their present recommitment to each other as they renewed their vows
- the third loop symbolised their future life together, their hopes and their dreams
Each keeping a hold of the rope ends, the couple gently slid their arms back through the loops to pull together the past, the present and the future by tying a new knot of commitment.
With a kiss to seal their promises and a drink of chilled cava to toast their health, the couple enjoyed a leisurely sail back to the marina – looking out for dolphins along the way!
Why the Costa Tropical is so special
The ceremony in our images and video was filmed in December on Spain’s Costa Topical. Yes! This was a winter wedding!
As the Costa Tropical name suggests, this hidden gem is a microclimate boasting 320 days of sunshine a year. One hour from both Granada and Malaga airports the little-known beaches of Granada are mainly frequented by Spanish visitors. The coastal villages and towns are low rise and the area has retained its Spanish feel, still offering free tapas with drinks bought at the many seafront bars and restaurants.
The waters off Marina del Este are a protected natural park and a haven for marine life. This aquatic Mediterranean paradise is home to a huge pod of dolphins who are regularly seen around La Herradura bay and attracts divers and snorkelers from all over Spain all keen to experience the myriad of sea-life in the warm ocean.
A boat elopement, wedding, vow renewal or marriage proposal out of Marina del Este is super special!
How to recreate this dream boat elopement
Spain boat elopement ceremony in the harbour from €300
- Spain motorised yacht elopement in the harbour only for up to 10 people €300
- Spain motorised yacht elopement for up to 10 people – 4 hours all year €1100
Price includes boat rental, fuel and captain
- Spain speedboat (not shown) saver elopement for up to 10 people – 2 hours from €400 in low season to €750 for 4 hours in high season
Price includes boat rental, fuel and captain
- Wedding boat bookings Nautica Elite
- Wedding boat email
- Wedding boat enquiries +34617073824 or +34 655 56 35 44
Spain boat elopement photographer from €850
- Photographer is Michal Carbol Photography
- Photographer prices from €850
• half day coverage up to 4 hours• 150 digital and edited pictures in high resolution• wooden presentation box with 20 printed pictures in format 13×18 cm• pen drive and shareable online gallery
- Photographer email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographer enquiries +34693221912
Spain elopement celebrant from €495
- Celebrant is Debbie Skyrme at Celebrant Spain
- Celebrant prices €495 for a traditional ceremony and €695 for a bespoke ceremony
- Celebrant email email@example.com
- Celebrant enquiries +34698691582
Spain elopement florist
- Florist is Ana Mena Arte Floral at https://www.anamena-artefloral.com/bodas
- Florist prices from €90 for bridal bouquet with seasonal flowers
- Florist email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Florist enquiries: +34655455477
Spain elopement wedding dresses
- Wedding dressmaker and accessories by Teressa Ninu
- Wedding dress “Eclipse” prices to buy from approx €1300 or to rent from €150
- Wedding dress email email@example.com
- Wedding dress enquiries landline +34951284592
Spain elopement extras
- Consider a special meal on board your wedding boat – pre-book through your boat rental company
- Take advantage of your time on the water by trying out some of the fun water sports available or diving the protected waters of the Cerro Gordo natural park on the Costa Tropical.
- Make this a wedding-moon and extend your stay to enjoy more of the Costa Tropical
(c) Debbie Skyrme December 2021
This content was authored by Debbie Skyrme and originally published on https://celebrantspain.es/blog/
Unauthorised publishing of the text or image content in part or in full is strictly forbidden.