Venue review of the perfect small wedding venue in Granada
You want a small wedding ceremony in the Spanish countryside, somewhere very special in the sunshine, with the people you love the most in the world to witness you saying your vows. This Granada wedding venue review selects four great reasons to have your perfect small wedding at La Casa Grande de Zujaira in Granada, Spain
The perfect wedding location
The location of your destination wedding venue is very important – it has to tick all your boxes for what the perfect location looks like, but getting there easily is vital!
La Casa Grande de Zujaira is only 20 minutes from the city of Granada yet in full countryside. You can relax in the very heart of Spanish nature knowing that everything is within easy access.
- Historic Granada city is home to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Alhambra Palace
- The Sierra Nevada mountains have the longest ski season in Europe
- The beaches of the Costa Tropical are little more than an hour away
With views from the gardens to the snow capped sierras, you really can ski in the morning and sunbathe on the beach in the afternoon making an awesome wedding-moon combination!
Top tip: You can fly directly to Granada International airport or with great public transport links between the two cities, you may choose to arrive at Malaga International airport and take the bus, train or drive the fabulous new section of the A7 Mediterranean motorway.
The perfect wedding venue
The beautiful private Spanish hotel of La Casa Grande de Zujaira (pronounced “thoo-hai-eera” or “zoo-hai-eera” depending on where you come from) dates back to 1870 and actually claims more of a Moorish than an Andalucian influence.
Situated on the outskirts of the ancient Arabic village of Zujaira, the finca sits on a plain boasting vistas of six separate mountain ranges. And what’s more, the famous poet Federico García Lorca wrote much of his poetry in this region – what a lovely tribute to include one of his poems as a reading at your wedding!
Sleeping from 10 to 18 people in five superior standard ensuite bedrooms this boutique country house and its gardens can be rented in its entirety for your private use during your wedding.
Top tip: why not extend your stay to a “weddingmoon” and really enjoy the best of what the area has to offer.
The perfect romantic gardens
Thinking of an elopement or small wedding ceremony? You and your soul mate can say your vows in an intimate ceremony in so many different corners of the Spanish gardens available to you at Casa Grande de Zujaira.
Each level offers up surprises and different vistas:
- The Jardín Romántico at the front of the house is perfect to welcome guests and seat them in the shade of the trees. You will stand on the elevated terrace to say your vows so that everyone gets a beautiful view of your ceremony.
- The Andaluz Patio behind the house with its 400 year old mulberry tree and ancient water trough is perfect for all fresco dining. Just imagine your wedding guests sitting under the stars as you make your first dance together in the warm night air to the sounds of a Spanish guitar – or disco!!!
- The versatile back garden is divided into four beautiful spaces. The olive trees, the fruit trees, the poplars and the pool and solarium. Where will you choose to celebrate your small wedding ceremony and gourmet wedding breakfast?
- The pool area with its luxury sunbeds and chillout area is the perfect place to disconnect and totally relax before and after your wedding day.
Top tip: Whilst Zuhaira is a bona fide micro-climate always have a “Plan B”. The olive room in the gardens is the perfect place for an indoor ceremony whilst retaining the feeling of being outdoors and benefitting from all of the views.
The perfect wedding ceremony
- Your wedding ceremony dreams become a reality in the trusted hands of local celebrants and wedding planners who take time getting to know you to create a bespoke ceremony.
- Memories of your wedding will be magical, meaningful and last a lifetime. Every secret smile captured for ever by the photographer of your choice and preferred style.
- So many reception choices! Which corner will you choose for your cocktails? Where will your guests best enjoy your wedding breakfast?
- Recommended local caterers can accommodate every taste, every menu, every budget.
La Pera Catering offers authentic Andalucian dishes with the flexibility to suit every dietary need and budget.
- And of course, the perfect accommodation!
Top tip: there are three ways to organise a destination wedding at Casa Grande de Zujaira
1) Do everything yourself (not advisable for many reasons.)
2) Contact a wedding planner in Spain to make your ceremony dreams a reality (there are some really great event coordinators.)
3) Deal directly with the manager Luis who will put his heart and soul into making sure you are surrounded by the best possible team of local wedding suppliers to create your perfect wedding in Granada (superb solution.)
Photos in this blog are of the real wedding of J & J by kind permission of photographer Lidia Clemente
Wedding planner: Mery Liccardi
Celebrant: Debbie Skyrme
Catering: Velvet Marbella
Florist: Alejandra Romero Floral Studio
Author bio: Debbie Skyrme is Celebrant Spain. Award winning bilingual officiant of elopement, vow renewal and wedding ceremonies in the Spanish sunshine.
©Debbie Skyrme May 2021 All rights reserved. Unauthorised reproduction of the text or image in part or in whole is not permitted